Respiratory distress caused by inspiratory muscle weakness is inherent in various patient groups but is most common in COPD (Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease), Heart Failure and Neuromuscular disease. Difficulty breathing is a sign of inspiratory muscle weakness, and a major sign of serious disease of the airway, lungs and heart.
The Better Breathing program has been utilised world-wide since 2006 when the Power Breathe Medic (respiratory muscle training device) was approved for exercise prescription by the UK NHS. Providing respiratory muscle training can reduce breathlessness, increase exercise capacity and improve quality of life. Here at Functional Health we use a combination of respiratory muscle training and musculoskeletal conditioning to improve quality of life.
Benefits of the Better Breathing program
Better Breathing is an evidence based, drug free respiratory training program designed to improve your breathing, exercise capacity and quality of life. After just 4 weeks of treatment you can expect the following outcomes:
- Reduce ‘Reliever’ Medication by up to 79%
- Reduce Breathlessness by up to 36%
- Increase Inspiration Muscle Strength by 43%
- Increase Exercise Capacity by up to 28%
- Improve Quality of Life!
Better breathing includes:
- Extensive baseline testing of your current respiratory muscle performance
- Breathing technique training
- Inspiratory muscle training (IMT) to maximise your breathing potential
- Individualised training program
If you are interested in tackling Breathlessness, Asthma and COPD ‘Head On’ Call Now to express your interest and confirm your appointment.