Exercise Physiology is an allied health profession focusing on the identification and treatment of dysfunctional processes in the human body. Our experienced Accredited Exercise Physiologists use exercise prescription to help manage a variety of sub-acute and chronic health conditions as well as promoting healthy aging and an improved quality of life. Accredited Exercise Physiologists are university qualified health professionals skilled in the management of musculoskeletal, cardiopulmonary, neurological, degenerative and metabolic conditions.
- Improve quality of life
- Maintain muscle integrity and bone density
- Prevent falls
- Reduce pain
- Post surgery and injury rehabilitation
- Minimise degenerative changes associated with aging
- Control blood glucose levels
Accredited Exercise Physiologists are FIRST CONTACT PRACTITIONERS, which means that a doctors referral is not necessary prior to an initial assessment, however based on your medical history you may be required to gain clearance to exercise by your GP. Accredited Exercise Physiologists work in conjunction with other health care practitioners including but not limited to Doctors and Physiotherapists to provide the best available care. Accredited Exercise Physiologists use evidence based exercise prescription to provide the most effective and clinically justified active intervention to best suit your needs.
What can you expect from Functional Health Exercise Physiology?
- MedX medical exercise programs
- Chronic back and neck pain management
- Better Breathing – respiratory muscle training
- Home exercise programs
- Home visits – for those unable to attend the clinic
- Lifestyle modification – behavioural change
- Personalised progressive overloaded resistance training
- Return to sport programs
- Corrective exercises