Functional Health’s Physiotherapists use proven treatments and techniques designed to reduce both long term and short-term pain, as well as reducing the risk of further injury.
If you have an injury concern, chronic pain or want to improve your lifestyle CALL or BOOK ONLINE an appointment with one of our experienced Physiotherapists.
All Physiotherapy treatment at Functional Health is one on one, with an experienced and fully qualified Physiotherapist, dedicated and passionate about achieving results.
Physiotherapy is a therapeutic health profession concerned with assessing, diagnosing, treating, and working to prevent disability through a variety of suitable hands on treatments and exercise prescription. Functional Health Gold Coast Physios are university educated health practitioners and are highly knowledgeable in movement and function. They work in conjunction with patients of all ages and levels of function to assist them in overcoming movement disorders, which may have been present from birth, acquired through accident or injury, or are the result of ageing or life-changing events.
What Physiotherapy can aid in?
- Recovery / rehabilitation from injury (whether joint, muscular or nerve-related),
- Reducing pain and stiffness
- Increasing mobility and function
- Educating about injuries/conditions
- Preventing further injury by listening to needs and working to plan the most appropriate treatment for conditions, including setting goals and treatment outcomes
Physiotherapists are FIRST CONTACT PRACTITIONERS, which means a doctor’s referral is not necessary for an appointment to a physio. Physiotherapists can work in collaboration with doctors and other allied health practitioners (EG: exercise physiologist) to plan, and manage the most appropriate treatment for specific conditions
Physiotherapists use clinical reasoning and evidence-based practice to treat specific injuries / conditions. Prescribed treatment / rehabilitation plan will take into account lifestyles, exercise tolerance, activities, work, and general health.
Physiotherapy treatments you may expect at our practice
- Joint mobilisation to reduce pain and stiffness, and improve mobility
- Taping for muscle re-education or joint immobilisation
- Airway clearance techniques and breathing exercises
- Soft tissue massage
- Acupuncture and dry needling
- Home exercise programs to improve mobility, flexibility and strength
- In-house physio and exercise programs delivered by collaboration with our Exercise Physiologist